CANRAD Project Fully Funded
Rarieda Development Programme
The CANRAD Project which began in January 2006 was designed as an eight year project and will end in December 2013.
The project is now fully funded and we are no longer seeking donations.
We are extremely grateful to all who contributed to this project and who made education a dream come true for the CANRAD girls.
The St. Mary’s Lwak Girls Trust Fund
was legally established at the school this year and will provide for the sustainability of sponsorships at the school. This fund is a potential destination for any excess funds at the end of the CANRAD Project.
CANRAD's mission is to sponsor young African women
community of Rarieda in Kenya to be
future leaders through
CANRAD Sponsorship Program
- All efforts will involve partnership between community,
government, academic, NGO/volunteer sectors.
- All efforts will be priorities for the community and, be
managed by Kenyans.
- All efforts will strategically use resources to enhance
capacity, promote long term solutions which are
Kenyan-appropriate and Kenyan-directed.
- Sponsorship is for four years of secondary schooling at
the Lwak Girls High School, Rarieda, Kenya.
- Includes school fees, board, school uniforms, and school
supplies for four years.
- Includes an allowance for personal products as soap,
toothpaste and sanitary pads.
- Community based selection process provides verification
of financial need.
- National exams, the Kenya Certificate of Primary
Education, provide confirmation of academic achievement required
for admission to LGHS.